Wednesday, March 4, 2015

More Faux Taxidermy

I am having fun creating a Natural History Museum inspired mantle.  I have used a couple of Emma Hall patterns, a free pattern from Mr. Finch and made a moth inspired by him (amazing artist).  The deer head was inspired by a free pattern from here.  I added lace and wire antlers and changed the shaping a little.  I need more practice on making my own animal patterns.  I do not think three dimensionally very well when it comes to pattern making.  It does challenge me and I have more fun creating the details than making the pattern but I have a lot of ideas for patterns that do not exist so I will have to give it a try.










1 comment:

Cinderella Moments said...

This is seriously awesome!! Wow! It looks incredible. Like a display at Anthropologie. It's chic and very artsy. I love your genius mind!
hugs♥,
Caroline